Unlike other “arrester” type over-voltage products, the OVP2 uses solid-state switching components to conduct at very low voltages, providing the most reliable over-voltage protection available to the industry. The OVP2 is rated for AC fault current, and lightning, ensuring peak performance for the product’s long life vastly outperforming other protection products such as spark gap arresters and surge diverters.
The OVP2 is UL and C-UL listed for use in Division 2 or ordinary locations, as well as CE marked as meeting the ATEX requirements for Zone 2.
Note: the OVP2 is not suitable for applications where steady-state induced AC voltage exists between the connection points.
AC Fault Current (Amperes-RMS) 50/60Hz
2.0kA at 30 cycles
3.7kA at 30 cycles
5.0kA at 30 cycles
Review the Technical Literature for full fault current tables.
Lightning Impulse Current
Hazardous (Classified) Areas
ATEX: Zone 2, Group IIC
IECEx: Zone 2, Group IIC
EAC: Zone Class 2
The OVP2 has been tested by Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance to independent standards in its operation, ratings, and construction. This includes compliance to standards for:
UL (United States) and C-UL (Canada) listing for:
- Providing an “effective ground-fault current path” as defined in NFPA 70 (US National Electrical Code – NEC), Article 250.2, and required in 250.4(A)(5)
- Likewise, per Canadian Standards Association CSA C22.1-12 Canadian Electrical Code, Article 10-500.
- Providing over-voltage protection in accordance with the applicable requirements of ANSI C62.11
BLOCKING CATHODIC PROTECTION CURRENT
Providing DC isolation of objectionable DC ground currents in grounding conductors as defined in NFPA 70, Article 250.6(E), and in CSA C22.1-12 Article 10-806
HAZARDOUS LOCATION USE
The OVP2 has been certified for use in Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D hazardous locations by UL, C-UL according to:
- NFPA 70 (U.S. National Electrical Code) sections 500-505
- ANSI/ISA 12.12.01-2011
- CSA C22.2 No.213-M1987 (R2008)
The OVP2 has been certified to the ATEX Directive 2014/34/EU for use in Zone 2, Group IIC hazardous locations by UL/DEMKO, according to:
- EN IEC 60079-0:2018 and EN60079-15: 2010
The OVP2 has been certified IECEx for use in Zone 2, Group IIC hazardous locations by UL, according to:
- IEC60079-0: 7th Ed and IEC60079-15: 4th Ed
The OVP2 has been certified to the EAC requirements within TP TC 012/2011 for Zone Class 2 hazardous locations by NANIO-CCVE, according to:
- GOST R IEC 60079-15-2010, GOST R IEC 60079-0-2011