Designed to address needs for an explosion-proof protection device, the OVP line of products uses solid-state switching components to conduct at very low voltages, providing the most reliable over-voltage protection available to the industry. The OVP is rated for AC fault current and lightning, ensuring peak performance for the product’s long life outperforming other protection products such as spark gap arresters and surge diverters.
The OVP was designed and has been tested to meet the requirements for Class I, Division 1 & 2, Group B, C, D classified locations in North America, and for Zone 1 requirements internationally. The model OVP is primarily used in Class I, Division 1 hazardous locations, requiring explosion-proof construction.
Note: The OVP is not suitable for applications where steady-state induced AC voltage exists between the connection points.
AC Fault Current (AMPERES-RMS) 50/60Hz
Review the Technical Literature for full fault current tables.
Lightning Surge Current
up to -4/+4V (optional)
Hazardous (Classified) Areas
ATEX: Zone 1 Group IIB+H2
IECEx: Zone 1 Group IIB+H2
EAC: Zone Class 1
The OVP has been tested by Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance to independent standards in its operation, ratings, and construction. This includes compliance to standards for:
UL (United States) and C-UL (Canada) listing for:
- Providing an “effective ground-fault current path” as defined in NFPA 70 (US National Electrical Code – NEC), Article 250.2, and required in 250.4(A)(5)
- Providing over-voltage protection in accordance with the applicable requirements of ANSI C62.11
BLOCKING CATHODIC PROTECTION CURRENT
- Providing DC isolation of objectionable DC ground currents in grounding conductors as defined in NFPA 70, Article 250.6(E), and in CSA C22.1-12 Article 10-806
HAZARDOUS LOCATION USE
The OVP has been certified for use in Class I, Division 1 and 2, Groups B, C, D by UL and C-UL, according to:
- NFPA 70 (U.S. National Electrical Code) sections 500-505
- UL 1203
- CSA C22.2 No.30-M1986 (R2012)
The OVP is certified to the ATEX Directive and IECEx for Zone 1 use for Gas Group IIB+H2 under protection method “db” according to:
- EN IEC 60079-0:2018; EN60079-1:2007; IEC60079-0, 7th Edition; IEC60079-1, 7th Edition.
The OVP has been certified to the EAC requirements within TP TC 012/2011 for Zone Class 1 hazardous locations by NANIO-CCVE, according to:
- GOST R IEC 60079-1-2008, GOST R IEC 60079-0-2011