The PCRH is a solid-state device designed to simultaneously provide DC decoupling and AC continuity/grounding when used with cathodically protected structures, such as pipelines, tanks, grounding systems, and cable casings. The PCRH adds to the technology offering found in our PCR by featuring an explosion-proof package making it suitable for use in Class 1, Division 1 and Zone 1 areas. The PCRH’s third party certifications for Division 1 and Zone 1 areas make it the first decoupler in the world to carry such certifications.
AC Fault Current (Amperes-RMS) 50/60Hz
5.0kA at 30 cycles
10kA at 30 cycles
15kA at 30 cycles
Review the Technical Literature for full fault current tables.
AC Steady-State Current
(AMPERES – RMS) 50/60HZ
Lightning Surge Current
Hazardous (Classified) Areas
ATEX: Zone 1 Group IIB
IECEx: Zone 1 Group IIB
EAC: Zone Class 1
The PCRH has been tested by Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance to independent standards in its operation, ratings, and construction. This includes compliance to standards for:
UL (United States) and C-UL (Canada) listing for:
- Providing an “effective ground-fault current path” as defined in NFPA 70 (US National Electrical Code – NEC), Article 250.2, and required in 250.4(A)(5)
- Providing over-voltage protection in accordance with the applicable requirements of ANSI C62.11
- Bonding and grounding per CSA C22.2 No. 0.4-04 (R2009) and CSA C22.1-12 sections 10-500 and 10-806 (1)
BLOCKING CATHODIC PROTECTION CURRENT
- Providing DC isolation of objectionable DC ground currents from cathodic protection systems as defined in NFPA 70, Article 250.6(E)
HAZARDOUS LOCATION USE
United States and Canada
The PCRH has been certified for use in Class I, Division 1 and 2, Groups B, C, D by UL and C-UL, according to:
- NFPA 70 (U.S. National Electrical Code) sections 500-505
- UL 1203
- CSA C22.2 No.30-M1986 (R2012)
- The PCRH is certified to the ATEX Directive and IECEx for Zone 1 use for Gas Group IIB under protection method “db”.
- The ambient temperature range is -20C to +60C.
- The standards used in the evaluation are: EN IEC 60079-0:2018; EN60079-1:2007; IEC60079-0, 7th Edition; IEC60079-1, 7th Edition..
The PCRH has been certified to the EAC requirements within TP TC 012/2011 for Zone Class 1 hazardous locations by NANIO-CCVE, according to:
- GOST R IEC 60079-1-2008, GOST R IEC 60079-0-2011