In most gradient control mat applications, multiple 4′ x 8′ ground mats need to be thermit welded together. After thermit welding, each weld location must be appropriately sealed, to prevent corrosion. Denso Low Temperature Petrolatum Tape provides long term corrosion protection to secure your gradient control mat installation.
- Denso LT Tape
- Available from DEI in 2″ widths, 33′ long rolls
- Conforms to irregular shapes and profiles, making it easy to install
- Can be applied to cold, wet surfaces
- Not affected by water, acid, salts or soil organics
- Meets AWWA C217 Standard
- Prepare surfaces by removing loose matter
- Coat weld with a thin film of Denso Paste
- Spirally wrap the tape with a minimum 1″ overlap around the weld location
- Press out all air pockets and smooth all seams
Note: Information and features on the Denso products can be found at www.densona.com.