Introduction to Decouplers hosted by Materials Performance
- This event has passed.
In this webcast, Dairyland Business Development Leader Tim Bechtel will examine the basic function of decouplers and over-voltage protection devices and explain how they should be used in conjunction with cathodic protection systems to obtain optimal corrosion and safety protection. He will answer common questions like why a decoupler is needed, and how to test them once they’ve been installed. He’ll also demonstrate how using these devices ensures that the cathodically protected structure is properly grounded to comply with local and national electric safety codes to protect personnel and assets from lightning strikes and electrical faults.
In this webcast, you will learn:
- The basic functions of decouplers and over-voltage protection devices.
- How CP systems can be improved by using decouplers.
- Common applications for decouplers.
- How to test a decoupler to ensure it is working properly.
- October 11, 2022, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm CDT